When I first heard about the writer's strike I wasn't really worried about it until I heard of all the shows affected by it. I mean all my favorite shows that I am keeping up with are now soon going to end or not show up this season at all, which sucks obviously. With big shows like Heroes, Lost, 24, Smallville, Supernatural and the like having some kind of effect it is going to be a hard season to go through.
After hearing about the shows I wanted to know what the hell the strike was all about. I found out that the strike was all about the writers wanting 8 cents per DVD sold of the product that they wrote from the normal 4 cents. But the big honchos up top said that they don't have to money to do so. So the writers even compromised by saying that they would accept 4 cents if the DVD does not sell more than 1 million copies but if it passes the 1 million mark then they demand to have 8 cents per copy. But the suits up top wouldn't have it so the WGA (Writers Guild Association) announced that they would go on strike. The WGA are now in strike and shows are already being affected. An example would have to be 24, 24 will not be shown this season with only 13 episodes already filmed FOX has announced that they will not show 24 because they want it to be a continuous season.
Personally I am all with the writers on this one. But the latest news shows that WGA is allowing writers of animation will be returning to their posts. Which shows like Simpsons, King of the Hill and American Dad will go on as usual which is good for me, I love Simpsons!
I say that the suits should cough up the extra 4 cents and end this whole thing. I want my shows to keep on going this season.
*Note: The shows being affected do not affect other countries, unless it is like Heroes here in the Philippines where it is just behind by a season, then it might affect other countries.

No comments:
Post a Comment